Monday, September 2, 2013

Picture a day - day 2

Monday, September 2nd!

Man, was I sore today. I think Luke, Nina, and I all agreed to just lay low today after two busy days of go go go, and walking around Chicago the day before.

So, we did some light shopping. Goodwill had a 50% off of all clothing (and really, most everthing in the store!) for Labor Day. Nina and I perused the clothing and found some gems. I bought 2 shirts for just $2! Yey for bargains! We wandered through some other stores before grabbing some sub sandwiches from Jersey Mike's and taking it to the park. It was a beautiful day in Waukesha, only getting up to the upper 60's. I actually had a jacket on as we sat at a very shaded picnic table. 

Such a lazy day - it seemed only right that we get some ice cream! We stopped at Woodman's, the hugest grocery store you'll ever find and each picked out our own ice cream treats. This was mine:

Excellent choice, Andrea. Worth every calorie!
We also watched two movies:


The Bourne Legacy

 Sadly, a little disappointing. I wasn't sure what to expect since Jason Bourne's character wasn't really involved. The plot was thin and the action was not near as good as the original trilogy.



The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

 I had seen this one before, and liked it. When Nina and I saw it at the library, I suggested that they might like it and add it to the pile of rentals! It was good the second time around too! I think that Luke and Nina liked it as well. My favorite quote from the movie is 'Everything will be alright in the end, so if everything is not alright, it is not yet the end.' 

So, sorry, I don't have any personal photos of the day... it was just that lazy! But it was the best kind of lazy - enjoying the companionship of good friends!

Until next time...









No comments:

Post a Comment