Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Picture A Day - AGAIN!

Hello to my 3 followers - you know who you are! 

So, I haven't really been consistent with my blogging over the last two years (ah, heck! I've not ever been really consistent). But I was recently thinking about the times that I was most consistent, and it was the picture a day that I did for about 3 months (and about 3 years ago!). But I really enjoyed it because I felt like I was encouraged to really pick out the good in my day. Or the silly. Or the out of the ordinary. Also, the recent return of my friend Kodi to the blog world at Swandertopia, also whet my appetite to blog again!

So, I decided to bring that back for the month of September, and we'll see where we go from there! 

Well, here we go. Day one: September 1st.

I've been in Wisconsin for the last several days visiting my cousin and her hubs. They live just outside of Milwaukee in a city called Waukesha. They live only about 2 hours away from Chicago, and seeing as I'd never been to Chicago before, I decided to seize the opportunity and suggested it to my family. They agreed with much enthusiasm. 

It was a long day filled with lots of walking, and lots of aches for this old body (cue Garth Brooks' 'Much too young to feel so d*mn old'). But the pain was worth it for chance to mill around the city. We decided to park and ride the train into the city, about an hour and a half ride. None of us had ridden any public transportation in any city without the aid of a local before, so it was pretty exciting to actually end up where we wanted to go! :) The train stopped at a couple of military bases along the way where we picked up a LOT of sailors. We found out from the guy sitting next to us that his son was one of the newest graduates of basic, as were the other hoards of sailors aboard. That would definitely explain why their uniforms looked straight out of the packaging! It was fun though to see all of the newbies out celebrating.

So... about the pictures. Though this is called 'picture a day' I can't always promise that it will be a picture that I have taken, or that there will only be one. But there will be some kind of picture!

Let's get on with it!

Me, excited to have arrived!

View from the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier
Navy Pier from afar


We walked through were they were filming 'Transformers 4'!


Friends! On the Ferris Wheel

Other things we did: Walk. A lot. But I think I already mentioned that. We ate some tasty Chicago style deep dish pizza... for free even! They made us wait almost two hours and then it came out cold... but that's a story for another day. Regardless, it got warmed up and filled our [very] empty stomachs! We also walked around Millenium park and saw the famed 'Bean'. We rode on a trolley and saw some pretty cool architecture. 

All in all, a really good day! It wasn't too hot in the morning and even in the afternoon was comfortable in the shade of such tall buildings! I do hope to go back and see lots more of Chicago!!

Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment