Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 8

Today was pretty average. Go to church. Eat lunch. Be lazy.

But! I also babysat for several families (all but one of them were strangers to me) who are all involved in a Sunday evening growth group. So I watched 7 kids for a couple of hours, they ranged in ages from 11 to not quite 2. I mostly just stood where I could see all three major areas that they kids were playing in and surveyed. Basically, I played supervisor. They were getting pretty loud and one of the parents even came upstairs to ask the kids to quiet down, so I put on a movie. And since the kids couldn't agree on what to watch (and the older ones claimed to have seen every movie 10x (side note: children watch too much tv. Also- I do too, so I have no room to talk. But the kids kept telling me that they were bored. Where's the creativity? I've often heard 'if you're bored, you're a boring person' and told them that. I hope that if I ever have kids I can encourage them to be creative and imaginitive and only use the tv from time to time. I'm sure every mother is thinking, 'Oh, Andrea... you have no idea.' And I guess I don't, but what did people do before tvs? But I don't have children, so why are we discussing this?! :p )), so since no one could choose, I imposed babysitter law and chose for them:


I loved these movies as a kid!
They were not thrilled, but I didn't care! Mwahaha, evil babysitter Andrea. That's actually on my business card. Adults specifically request me because I'm renowned for torturing children. What can I say, it's a gift. 

So, now I have a few more dollars to put in my Italy fund. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment