Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 16

Monday. Typically I don't like you, but today you brought rain and lovely temperatures. So, I'll accept you. This week.

Today's picture:


This is a screen shot of my phone, specifically the alarm settings. I use my phone as my alarm to get up in the morning... I'm betting most people do that these days. Well, today it failed me. See how the alarm for 6:45 is green? Green light go! Somehow it didn't wake me up this morning. Maybe it just didn't go off, but I would actually bet that I turned it off while I was sleeping. I've heard of people sleep-texting before and I honestly think that I turned my phone off while in some stage of sleep. Crazy.

So I woke up at 7:38 and nearly rolled over because I thought it was still really early. Thinking that your car has been stolen will sure get a person out of bed really quick, and it turns out waking up 22 minutes before class will do it too! And to make matters worse, I had a book that was due at 8 o'clock this morning. 

Well, I jumped in the shower and took, probably my fastest shower ever. Dried off, dressed, dried my hair (and straightened it), put my contacts in, did my make up, grabbed my gear and headed out the door. I drove (because there was no way I had time to walk over to the library and then to class while making it on time!) to the library, dropped off the book and circled around to my class where I walked in at 8:01. 

Solid. 

This may be dangerous to know that I can do this... because next time I want to hit the snooze an extra time, I'll do so knowing that I CAN get ready and out the door in 20 minutes.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I noticed you didn't mention brushing your teeth...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also didn't mention that it was probably my bladder that woke me up. I also took a potty break. But now that I think of it, I should have saved that extra minute or two and peed in the shower so that I had more time to brush my teeth! :p

    ReplyDelete