Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 10

September is flying by! I can't believe it's the 10th already!

I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning, but I did. And when I opened my curtain, there was the most beautiful sunrise. 



 Well, my phone didn't quite capture the beautiful pink shade that it was. A beautiful sunrise is worth getting up for. 

Also, this:

Ugh.

Friday morning I got in my car after classes to head to work and found a parking ticket on my front windshield. That always makes your day! I know, the security guards are just doing their job, but the whole situation was just a little frustrating. 

A little background: In May, I think I had probably the crummiest hour of my life. I woke up (that wasn't the bad part. I'm thankful to Jesus that I did wake up) and immediately realized the power was out. There's no windows in the bathroom of the home that I was staying in so I couldn't shower there. So, since I was close to home I jumped into my car to head home for a quick shower before jetting off to work. I started the car and looked out the back window and thought... 'how is it possible that my window is frosted over, it's super warm out?!'. Well... it wasn't frosted, it was shattered. A piece of a limb had fallen out of the tree and must have hit my window just right. The hour continued to worsen, but we don't have time for that now. Just know that it involves, among other things, being pulled over without a driver's license or proof of insurance.

Fast forward to friday. I totally forgot that I had to have my window replaced this summer which meant that I no longer had a Calvary parking sticker. I haven't really been on campus much yet this semester and hadn't given much thought to a parking sticker, nor had I heard anything reminding us that we needed one. It's stupid, and really, there's no one to blame. 

All that to say, as pictured above, I now have a parking sticker. Only, I haven't put it in my car yet. That will be done very soon. Also, you may or may not be able to see the picture of the car on the directions, but it's got a little Jesus fish and the license plate says 'Jesus'. I'm a little cynical and also annoyed by bumper sticker theology and thought that was just a little too cliche for a Bible college. Oh, well.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment