Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 5

I need a break from homework. FYI- a note to the professor, when posting the scanned materials on the website for the students to read, please make sure that it's scanned in such a way that the words are actually legible. My eyes hurt from trying to piece together barely visible words. 

Anyway...

So today was the first day of Old Settlers! Woohoo! As a kid, it was almost as exciting as Christmas morning. We live only a couple of blocks away from the action. I have a specific memory of sitting at the table eating dinner with my family - totally able to hear the noise from the fair - and being super antsy. I think my parents said that we couldn't go until after dinner... I don't think I cared about dinner that night, I just wanted to go!!

*Not my photo, but neat, huh?

Today was also the kick off for the new year of Trek (the high school youth group). We all met at my house, walked down to old settlers to watch several of the students perform with the Olathe North Band and then do scavenger hunt of sorts. It was a great start to a new year. We had lots of laughs and some ice cream sundaes. 

Back to homework, thank you for the brief reprieve. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment