Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 4 - Woo hoo!

Are you enjoying the picture a day? I am! I hope that at least someone out there is! :) 

Today I got back to the grind. Started off bright and early with classes. Church History and Systematic Theology I. This is going to be an interesting and stretching semester, I believe!

After classes I headed off to work. I would just like to say that I have the best job ever. For those that don't know, I'm a nanny for 2 precious little girls. They are adorable and make me laugh lots. It seems like cheating to get paid to hang out with them. Most days that is! :) We all have our bad days. I was kind of missing L and D after being gone for more than a week. I pulled up and could see L standing at the screen door waiting for me and could hear her shouting, "RA-RA, RA-RA"! Side note, this is what has become a nickname of mine, it seems pretty easy for little kids to remember and say. And I always wanted a nickname, so I'll take it. Actually, for a really long time I wanted people to call me Andie (after being nicknamed that in elementary school - all of the cool kids had nicknames!). Well it took me several years before it occurred to me that I actually would have to introduce myself as Andie instead of Andrea in order for them to call me that. Oh well. Ra-Ra is cool too. That was a bunny trail! Anyway, I felt very loved to see her so excited to see me. She was full of kisses and hugs and "I wuv you wa-wa"'s all day. It makes me think I must not be as mean as I think I am. ;)

So... for today's picture:

I started tracking calorie intake and exercise about 2 weeks ago, and I don't want to brag or anything... but I'm down 3 pounds! Okay, maybe there was a little bragging there. Actually, more just excitement really. Myfitnesspal is a wonderful app that is so easy to use and convenient. It sounds like they paid me to say that, but I promise they did not. I really just like it that much. I also have several friends who are using it too, so it's fun to know that I'm not doing it alone! All of that to say. I wanted to go for a walk today, but it was pretty roasty this afternoon and I'm not a huge fan of walking around my campus and surrounding areas. Apparently there were 3 rapes at the park down the street over this summer. Oops... hope my mom doesn't read this, now she'll be super worried about me. Don't worry. I have a rape whistle! :) 

So, rather than risk the streets of KCMO, I opted to 'walk' in my room. Que Leslie Sansone:


It looks cheesy and kind of is, but my glutes are actually kind of sore! I like this because... well, it's all walking. I can walk. Jillian Michael's 30 day shred on the other hand... I don't like. It hurts, and I'm a weenie. But both are great workouts depending on what your goal is!

So, went to Target (I said that in my mind like 'Tar-shey'... like I'm French or something. FYI- I'm not.) for a few things today and happened across these:

PUMPKIN SPICE!!
Okay, I love fall, and I love me some pumpkin spice this and that. But M&M's? This is madness! Don't be confused... I may sound against this, but I totally wanted to try it. But seriously? Pumpkin spice M&M's? Yeah, I'd totally try that. Except, remember how I'm counting calories. A big ol' bag of chocolate just wouldn't fly. And, no, I shouldn't even just get a bag and ration it out over a couple of weeks... actually, yes. That's exactly what I should do, but I know I wouldn't. I have no self control when it comes to chocolate. Or any sweets. Or salty. Food, just food in general - I have no self control. 

So... if anyone out there decides to get a bag to try, let me know how they are. Maybe save me a few. :) 

Until next time...










No comments:

Post a Comment