Sunday, September 12, 2010

Untitled

"And dance with all your might, lift up your hands and clap for joy. The time's drawing near when He will appear. And oh, we will stand by His side, a strong, pure, spotless bride"

Those were the words of one of the new songs we sang at church today. It was a really awesome service of celebration. A wedding banquet! We've been discussing communion for a few weeks now and today was our final message on it. We celebrated as the first body of believers did when
celebrating communion. Not a mournful, reflective type ceremony, but one of a joyous, celebratory nature. We are the bride and He is our bridegroom! What a beautiful picture of his love for us. And as a bride would wait for her groom to come for her after preparing a place for her, we too, await the arrival of our bridegroom as he prepares our heavenly home for us. Such a beautiful love story! So this is a picture of communion being shared at one of the tables. :)





And as a follow up to yesterday's blog, I thought it would be appropriate to tell of how I was accosted by the Nazi Boy Scouts today. I went to Hyvee this afternoon and even before I got to the door I could see the swarm of boy scouts eyeing me from just inside. I heard one boy say 'oh, here's our next one(victim!).' Upon the doors opening I found multiple bags and boxes of popcorn thrust into my face and heard a chorus of young boys' confused sales pitches. I was a little overwhelmed by all of the commotion and hastily withdrew a dollar to purchase 1 bag (yes, just one lonely bag) of popcorn and got the heck out of Dodge!! Whew. Steer clear of those boy scouts!!




Hasta la próxima vez ... :)

3 comments:

  1. Those danged Hitler Youth (or was that Uncle Sam Youth) at Hy-vee...and I need groceries too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I like the new page design...but I'm disappointed in the picture you chose. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. And sorry. I think I look stupid in the picture of me in the tree. Not the photographers fault, she didn't have the best model to work with.

    And I should point out that I took that picture of communion while on stage for worship team. :D

    ReplyDelete