Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day Cinco

Today Kodi and I decided to try out Santa-Cali-Gon days in Independence. Neither of us had been there before and we saw that there was going to be a root beer chugging contest, um, heck yes! Sign us up!




I placed 10th! ...out of 10... :) But it was okay. Free Root Beer! The first cup went down pretty fast but as I started in on the second, I knew I was a goner... I could either just go for it and barf later (like some little girl did before us, right in front of us... and some splatter made it on my foot) or just enjoy the free root beer and be okay with last place. I obviously chose the latter. But it was fun, and now I can officially say I have participated in a root beer chugging contest! :) BTW- The big guy at the end of the table won. He drank 5 cups in 60 seconds!! Yuck!







Once again, we get two photos today! We saw some really interesting things while there. I'm pretty sure that the words 'festival' or 'fair' really means 'let the crazies out'. Besides the horrible Elvis impersonator that we saw and heard (He calls himself E2 and I'm pretty sure he thought he was God's greatest gift) we also saw this ----->
I don't know if you can tell, but that ain't no baby in the stroller... that's definitely a dog! Really? It's one thing to bring your obnoxious, spoiled dog out to a crowded place like this, but in a stroller?!? People! What have we come to!?! So I in-conspicuously snapped a picture with my phone to share with the world. Or at least those that read this. :) Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. um, who is sitting next to you in the root beer contest? check out their hand...

    And dogs in strollers... silly!

    I love that you guys went to this - so fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... I didn't even notice that, they do look kind of creepy. It was an older woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pointed this lovely stroller out to Andrea because I had seen a similar one at the Grand Canyon!

    What you can't see is there are actually 2 dogs in the stroller and at least one of them had bows on it's ears...

    ReplyDelete