Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Settling in

Oh snow...

So I was right. 30 centimeters is about 5 feet. Okay, still kidding. It actually turned out to be about 1 foot. I love this picture for many reasons. It shows the lovely snow on a lovely tree branch, as well as my new friend Amelia, and some interesting actions in the background! Perfect! We got the joy of 'trekking' (pardon my pun) down to the church where we meet for sessions sometimes. Apparently it doesn't snow frequently enough in BC for people to care about shoveling it... either that or it just melts so fast. I definately wished today that I had brought my snow boots, even if they do look like Napoleon Dynomite's moon boots:

Gosh!

I'm not necessarily a big fan of snow, mostly because I really hate having wet feet and pant bottoms, but I was thinking about the snow today during worship. The worship leader, Kevin Boese, was thanking the Lord for all of his creation which made me think of a Chris Tomlin song that mentions 'heavenly storehouses laden with snow' and I was just thinking about how this is still God's creation and really is quite beautiful. So today, rather than seeing it as a burden, I tried to see it more as a blessing. Perspective.

Until next time...



3 comments:

  1. noooo i dont like how i look in this one lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you look, Amelia! You are cute!

    And Andrea - I agree with you about the snow - I also tried to see it as something beautiful yesterday rather than something annoying.

    ReplyDelete