Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bittersweet.

There’s not really any other way to describe these last few days here with our Filipino family. I’m very much looking forward to seeing friends and family at home, but with that comes not seeing my friends and family here in the Philippines. Last night we took some time out with the Arcano family and some others that we have worked alongside to do some sharing and a little footwashing. It was great to reflect with our friends on the last few months and encouraging hearing the things that they had to say.

Pastor Sam shared that life won’t really go back to normal after we leave because this has become normal. And I totally agree. Going back to Kansas doesn’t really mean going back to normal life. Not really sure what normal looks like anymore. But the good thing about that is that I have the world at my feet! I’ve already expressed my nervousness about lack of future plans in previous posts, but I’m still trusting that God will guide my every step.

So… what have we been up to the last couple days? Well… we climbed a mountain, ate some more interesting foods, attended and led more bible studies, and started saying our goodbyes.

We’ll be leaving Baguio this Sunday morning, around 7am, after a special 6am Sunday service for us. It will be a 5-8 hour ride to Manila (depending on lots of factors) where we will catch our first plane at 5pm to Taipei, then from Taipei to Vancouver. We’ll arrive around 8pm the same night (after crossing 15 time zones!)

Well, hopefully we'll be headed to a bible study very soon, assuming the rain lets up (by the way, I've officially  survived a typhoon now!) So I'll leave you with a few pictures!


Grace washing my feet.

Praying with Britt after washing her feet

Eatin' some dog.

My irritation at waking up so early made more determined than ever to just get to the top.


Well, That's it for now. Expect to hear more again soon.

Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. Andrea,
    Loved your posts and facebook entries.
    Excited to see how the Lord will guide you to His perfect place for you to bring Him Glory.
    Love ya,
    Carol
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta eat all the dog you can now while you have the chance ;)

    ReplyDelete