Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hurricane Season

Actually, It's almost typhoon season here. I didn't know what to title this blog because my brain is such a mess at the moment, so I swiped the title of the featured article of the day from wikipedia. But the more I think about it, the more appropriate it seems. My brain feels scattered, and after laying our our schedule today, I believe we are certainly entering hurricane season. We will be incredibly busy in the next couple months. We have 4 (count them, FOUR) VBS that we will be doing, training people on personal evangelism, teaching music seminars (ha, I was tapped to teach vocals. This could be interesting.), and honestly, my brain doesn't feel like recalling the other things that we will be doing right now. 

SO! What have we been up to these last couple days since arriving?! Lots! Thankfully, the pastor with whom we are living and serving with realizes that we are pretty jetlagged and adjusting to the culture, so he has let this first week be fairly restful. We did go to 2 church services on saturday. One of the churches meets at the home of the pastor (where we are staying, along with about 12 other people, who knew that leaving the Mark Centre we would move in with even MORE people?! That's okay, It's nice to have the family aspect and have a chance to get to know the Arcano's a little better!). We were also able to go to the downtown area of Baguio and enjoy the flower festival that was going on. We also had a chance to visit the Philippine Military Academy because our new family had a nephew who was graduating. We visited the botanical gardens yesterday and also got to see the SM mall. It's huge. Um... well... how about some pictures?! Unfortunately, all of my pictures prior to yesterday were deleted somehow. My heart is still quite sad about that... alas... a new day has come and I've taken more pictures. So here goes:


Us at the mall

Baguio City... try navagating through that!

A house we saw while out walking

Praying over the city

The market... what a busy place!

Well, my friends, I should get off of here... we are watching Les Miserables. :)

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment